Thursday, April 08, 2010

Favorite Quotes

I am starting a new topic called "Favorite Quotes"...every so often I will discuss some of my favorite quotes and its meaning...today, there are two quotes that I always liked...

Quote 1
"Every dog has its day."
When I was a kid, I was watching Scarface and Tony Montana said this quote. But after doing a little research, I found out that it was first spoken in the Shakespeare play "Hamlet" (Act 5, Scene 1)

HAMLET:
Let Hercules himself do what he may,
The cat will mew and dog will have his day."

In "Scarface,", Tony says, "Every dog has his day, huh, Mel? We fucked up. He got away"...

Basically, the most common interpretation is that any person's moment of glory is inevitable...

Quote 2
"I'm Tony Montana! You fuck wit me, you fuckin' wit da best!"
This is another "Scarface" quote...I love this quote because at this point in the movie, Tony's back is against the wall, but his confidence shines as he believes that he is going to take down all these federal agents...and these agents don't realize who they are actually dealing with...Tony Montana is not some run-of-the-mill thug...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably, I love it, significant and well-founded ideas. Be sure to publish more interesting content in your.

price per head services said...

You picked great quote this team. I really like more the Montana one than Hamlet. Even though Hamlet is a great book.