Friday, April 10, 2009

I Want Revenge is looking for revenge at the Derby

Another favorite for the Kentucky Derby, which runs on Saturday, May 2nd, is I Want Revenge...

I Want Revenge has run eight times and won three, his latest was the Wood Memorial when he came from last to win by 1.5 lengths...see the video clip below of an incredible run...in December, I Want Revenge lost by a nose to Pioneerof the Nile in the Cash Call Futurity...they faced off again in February at the Robert Lewis Stakes at Santa Anita...and once again, Pioneerof the Nile won with I Want Revenge coming in third...

Trainer Jeff Mullins was born in Murray, Utah and has been a lifelong horseman...he galloped horses when he was eight years old, and as a teenager, rode at bush tracks in his home state and in Wyoming...Mullins started training at 17, supervising a string at Les Bois Park in Idaho...

I Want Revenge
Trainer - Jeff Mullins
Jockey - Joe Talamo
Sire - Stephen Got Even

Pedigree
I Want Revenge's pedigree is laced with stamina on both top and bottom. He is by millionaire Stephen Got Even, a son of 1992 Horse of the Year A.P. Indy and grandson of 1977 Triple Crown legend Seattle Slew. Stephen Got Even captured the GalleryFurniture.com now known as the Lane's End S. at Turfway Park in just his fourth career start. In the wake of that effort, he went postward as the 5-1 second choice in the 1999 Kentucky Derby, where he was bumped on the first turn and eventually finished 14th.

Below is a 2:13 clip of I Want Revenge's win at the Wood Memorial


No comments: